Popularized by the movie, "A League of Their Own," the World War II-era All American Girls Professional Baseball League has earned its place in baseball folklore. Game worn uniforms from the circuit, which ran from 1943-54, are exceedingly rare as only a few exist in private hands from the entire existence of the League. The Battle Creek Belles were only in the League in 1951 and 1952 - this cream-colored uniform/dress was likely used for both seasons. Felt City of Battle Creek patch is on the right chest, AAGBBL (sic) patch is on left sleeve (interestingly, the original AAGPBL patch was far more widely known than this later version in which the "P" has been changed to a "B"). Patch shows sun fading. Buttons are vintage but all three are different, number 1 on the back is in black felt, but the jersey was originally number 3 - probably used as number 3 in 1951 and number 1 in 1952. King Sportswear Company tag in the collar, comes with original black belt, has zipper down the side off the skirt, and great use is displayed with some dirt stains. While the team played in Battle Creek for just those two seasons, they were formed in 1943 as an original franchise named the Racine Belles, who won two championships before moving to Battle Creek; they moved again to become the Muskegon Belles for the 1953 season before the franchise folded, just one year before the entire league suffered the same fate. Spectacular item from the original trailblazers in American women's team sport.