Original glass plate negative picturing the site of Manhattan Field and the adjacent Polo Grounds, circa 1910. Manhattan Field, which sat beyond the right-field fence of the Polo Grounds, was built in 1898 and was home to the Giants in 1889 and 1890. In 1891 the Giants built a much larger stadium adjacent to it, where they remained for the remainder of their time in New York. After the Giants moved next door, Manhattan Field was used mainly for football before falling into disrepair. This image pictures the field during its deconstruction process, probably sometime around 1910 or slightly later. By 1919 the area was just a weed-strewn field. The negative (7x5") displays a few tiny areas of emulsion loss along the perimeter and is otherwise in Excellent condition. Culled from the legendary Brown Brothers Photo Archive.