Citation, a Triple Crown winner in 1948, is one of the top American thoroughbreds of all time. Listed are several memorabilia items showcasing this outstanding race horse. All are in Near Mint condition. The first three are well made and sturdy printing plates used to produce images for leading publications. They also have the distinction of being unique, one-of-a-kind items.
1) A fabulous heavy copper and wooden plate used for printing the August 1949 cover of the Tutf and Sport Magazine. It Measures 9.25x12x1" accompanied by a complete copy of the magazine featuring Citation.
2) A metal plate about 3.5x16" used by the San Francisco Examiner newspaper to show the 1950 San Juan Capistrano Handicap finish at Santa Anita.
3) Another metal plate, a little smaller than the previous one, also used by the San Francisco Examiner to print the finish of San Juan Capistrano. One plate is a wide angle shot of the finish with the other having a four-shot sequence approaching the wire.
4) Framed print of Citation standing left in a field by noted artist Allen Brewer, Jr. The overall frame is 22"x18".
5) A Limited-Edition pewter plate by the Victory Plate Racing Company to honor past Triple Crown victors. Designed by Wm. Armetale it contains no lead that was used in traditional pewter. It weighs about a pound and measures almost 8" in diameter.